Tips for Tailgating
Tailgating is a lot like camping but without the sleeping overnight or the gross public showers. By default, tailgating is a lot more fun. Everyone is gathered together for the common goal: to see their team victorious and to have fun! If you have never tailgated before or want to step up your tailgate game, you may not know everything it takes to pull off a successful tailgate. Well you have come to the right place! Here are some great tips to make your next tailgate awesome.
- Pick a theme. You may think a football theme is enough for tailgate but trust us when we say that a good theme is crucial to having not just a good tailgate but a great one. Theming your tailgate makes it easier to plan the food, gives people a better idea of what to bring and makes your party much more memorable. Some great themes are having a Mexican fiesta where all your food is Mexican-like. You can even have a piñata and serve margaritas. Another great theme is a deep fry tailgate. Everyone can bring items that they would like to try deep fried.
- Pack your items the night before & pack smart. Chances are you are getting up really early to get the best spot. Its best not to waste time in the morning packing so get your car ready the day before and sleep in a little later. Make sure that you create a check list so that you don’t forget anything. You definitely don’t want to show up at tailgate without your cooking utensils or a bottle opener. Remember that you want to also make packing the car back up easier when its game time. No one wants to play Jenga trying to get everything back inside your car after a long day tailgating. Make sure you make things easy to pack away and simple. Plastic bins are easy to stack as well as pretty easy to clean too.
- Don’t forget the games. While eating and drinking can take up most of the time, games are what keeps the party going. Make sure you don’t forget to pack your Rollers game for your next tailgate. Not only is it a unique game and a break from same old bag toss game, it is easy to learn and pick up. And it’s compact, making it easier to pack in your car and not take up as much as space.
- Always bring extra toilet paper, hand sanitizer and sunscreen. Not only will your guests be thankful but you will be too. It is a really bummer when the porta pottys run out of toilet paper, which they ultimately do most times at popular games. So make sure that you bring extra of this in case of an emergency as well as lots of paper towels too. Things can get a bit messy when you are having fun tailgating. Sunscreen is also important too. Most people forget this item too. Help your fair skinned friends and make sure they not only have a great time at your tailgate party but don’t have to suffer the next day for it too.
- Freeze your water bottles the night before. This is a great and easy way to keep your cooler cool for the whole day. Not only does it help keep your food items cold but towards the end of the day when you are dying for some water, you will have it there already to drink because by then it will already be thawed but still refreshingly cold. Make sure you bring extra water for everyone as it is great to take with them and drink before they get into the stadium. Always keep hydrated! Especially on a hot and sunny tailgate day!