Best Games for Cocktail Hour at Your Wedding
Cocktail hour is usually the time between the wedding service and reception when the wedding party goes off to take their pictures. Many times the typical cocktail hour affair consists of drinks and horderves passed around. This is the time people get the opportunity to catch up with old friends or family they haven’t talk to in a while. For others that don’t know that many people (such as the bride’s old coworker of 5 years ago that they remained in touch with), it is their opportunity to stand awkwardly around while trying to drum up small talk with strangers. To ensure that your cocktail hour is a great lead up to the main event, think about including some fun games for your guests. It gets rid of that awkward standing around and helps break the ice between strangers. Here are some of your best games to have available during your wedding cocktail hour:
- Giant Jenga. This game is great to play with beautiful wooden planks all stacked up on each other. Anyone can join in for a turn to strategically pull a wooden bar out of the puzzle and carefully balance it on top. A giant version of an already well liked game will sure to draw in people to play this fun game.
- Photo Scavenger Hunt. Want more pictures of your wedding? This is a great way to get your guests involved. Have Wedding Game Scavenger Hunt list available at all cocktail tables. People can use their phone to take pictures of things on the list such as favorite decoration, a selfie or people clinking glasses. Have them use a hashtags such as #MillerWeddingScavengerHunt so that you can pull of all the photos they took.
- Want a new and unique game that is easy to learn and everyone can play? Rollors is perfect for this. Anyone can play and the rules are pretty easy to learn. You can play this game easily while still holding your cocktail in your hand. Have people play for the groom or the bride by designating the blue pieces for the groom and red pieces for the bride. Everyone will have a great time trying to represent their team. It is a great ice breaker among strangers. Soon everyone will seem like lifelong friends.
- Cornhole. Want a game that will give your formal affair a laid back feel. Corn hole is perfect for this. People can leisurely play in teams of two trying to toss bags across from one another trying to get their bag in the hole or on the board. You can make customized boards with the bride and grooms initials on them. Easy to learn and fun for anyone to pick up. Though it does take a bit of finesse to toss those bags with high heels on.
- Cocktail napkins word search. Looking for a little nice touch to your cocktail hour. Include these awesome word search games that are printed out on your cocktail napkins. Words can include the bride or grooms name, the location of where they met or any other wedding related words. This makes your special day more memorable. You may even find your guests trying to see who can find all the words first.