10 Best Craft Breweries
The craft beer movement has gotten some traction the past few years. The days of where Bud Light and Budweiser had sat promptly at the top of the row in convenience stores is now being taken over by these new brewing companies. Customers now wait with anticipation for seasonal beers that come out only for a short period of time. Lines form as they wait outside to get into new breweries that seem to be popping up more often than restaurants once did. They are looking to get a taste of something different. Maybe it is chocolate stout? A Bacon Ale? With a Brew Master’s imagination, the beer concoctions they can come up with seem endless. If you are on this craft beer movement, visiting the as many breweries as you can may be on your bucket list. Here is the top 10 breweries that are must see:
- Anchor Brewing, San Francisco. Anchor Brewing can claim that they are America’s first and oldest brewery. Come and take a tour through their facility as you get not only a great informational guide about the beginning to the end product of their beer but also get to taste some their yummy beers afterwards.
- Devils Backbone Brewing Company, Roseland, VA. Not only is Devils Backbone Brewing Company known for their great beers but they are also known for their delicious menu. Their smokehouse platter is a must try when you visit. This is a place that people drive from far away just to enjoy their brewhouse atmosphere. If you come here often, their membership program is definitely worth checking out.
- Brewery Ommegang, Copperstown, NY. If you are a Game of Thrones fan, you will definitely fall in love with this brewery. HBO and Brewery Ommegang have partnered up to launch a series of Game of Thrones Beer. They have 6 themed beers. Their tours are short but sweet as their real focus is getting you to taste all their delicious beers.
- Great Divide Brewing Company, Denver. This brewing company is on the forefront of the Denver craft brew scene. They just recently expanded their tap room and their staff is really knowledgeable on all their drinks. If you are a craft beer fan, this place is a must see. Their brewery tours are free and they all about giving back! $1 samples go to non-profit organizations.
- Rogue Ales Public House, Portland, OR. This brewery is located right in an airport. If your flight is delayed there is no better place to be. Not only is their service great but they offer delicious beers along with their fantastic menu. Started by 2 fraternity brothers, they are known for bringing a style that is all their own. They have definitely broken the mold when it comes to bringing unique and delicious craft beer to people.
- Oskar Blues, Longmont, Colorado. Visiting the Oskar Blues Brewery is definitely a trip worth taking. They have a variety of beers that can satisfy and delight anyone’s taste buds. There is always a good crowd and the tap room is right in the center of it all. You can joy your drinks indoor or even outdoor.
- Bell’s Brewery, Kalamazoo, MI. Having one the best beers, this place has quite the eclectic atmosphere. On any day you will witness college students, older crowd as well as young families all enjoying the Bell’s Brew atmosphere. It has a great vibe and has live music on the weekends. The beer roaster is deeper than most breweries and all are excellent. This was the first brewery in Michigan to serve beer in a glass.
- New Belgium Brewing Company, Fort Collins, Colorado. They are known for their Fat Tire Amber Ale which used to be transported on bikes more than 20 years ago. They offer free tours but make sure you sign up in advance as they are sold out quite often. Their tours are amazing and very informative. The brewery is beautiful and staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. It is definitely worth the trip to take.
- Founders Brewing Company, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Founders Beer is known for their bigger body and tons of flavor brews. Their fan base is pretty dedicated and will swear that their Porter is easily the best in the world. The atmosphere is great but if you really want a casual time tasting, you may want to opt to go earlier in the day. Its popularity has grown so in the evenings it gets quite busy.
- Stone Brewing Company, Escondido, California. Not only is their beer one of the best out there, their food is spectacular and the atmosphere matches. It is best to make a reservation in advance as it does get quite busy. The tour is only $3 and it is followed up by great tasting in their tap room. If you are a craft beer fan, this place is a must visit!