How to Usher in Spring and Beat those Winter Blues
Sometimes when it seems like winter is never ending and the only way to get out of the winter blues funk is to actively usher Spring in. The countdown to when you can finally open all the windows and feel that warm spring air come through your home is just around the corner! There are so many things you can do to get ready for the spring that you’ll start to wish you had started this process in December! Here are some great tips on how you can get ready for longer days and warmer weather:
- It’s Spring Cleaning time! Around February, start patrolling your home of items that you no longer need or want. To make some money you can try getting rid of them by selling them online through craigslist or eBay. While you are gathering and boxing up, make it a point to clean up the item and put prices on them. That way, when warmer weather appears, all you have to do is bring out your items and set them on the table for a yard sale.
- Itching to Garden? There are numerous things you can do in the winter to make sure you have the best garden of the year yet! Start by planning out how you are going to lay out your garden by diagramming and planning where you want everything to be. You can also start by ordering your seeds now. If you currently have seeds on hand now, you can also start checking the viability and test the germination of your seeds.
- Warmer weather is just around the corner so that means fewer clothing and more skin to show. If your body is not ready for the spring and summer clothes yet, now is the time to get into shape. If you have already quite those New Year’s Resolutions, remember you can always start again! Make realistic goals to achieve and journal your progress every day. Having a record of what you have been able to accomplish is great motivation to keep going! Have a workout buddy to also help you keep at it.
- Do a DIY Craft Project. Another way to help usher spring is to start a spring craft project. Whether it is a fun craft to do with your kids or a great spring themed décor piece to put in your home, a spring craft will help with those winter blues. Picking something with bright colors and flowers will definitely put you in the spring mood.
- Get back on those New Year’s Resolutions. Already broken your resolutions this year? Well there is no rule that says you have to wait till next year to try again. Getting back and recommitting to your New Year’s Resolutions is a great way to beat those winter blues and help usher in spring. Whether it is to stop smoking or eating healthy, it’s time to try again!