Why Hire A Veteran?
Here at The Rollors Game Company we employ veterans in many capacities of to help us increase visibility of the outdoor game Rollors. The inventor of Rollors is a veteran himself so only it made sense to him to help out other veterans.
Another such business that's a huge supporter of this concept is Bullets2Bandages Their website is bullets2bandages and they're Facebook page is here. Please check out their websites and be supportive to all their charity partners. As you can see from the picture above they do incredible work on all of their products.
There are many business reasons why to hire a Veteran:
- Quick Leaners - The ability to adapt and learn new tasks and responsibilities quickly is a trademark of a Veteran in almost any workplace.
- Leadership – Veterans of all levels understand useful ways to manage and reach goals and deadlines and help others to do the same, either as the primary leader or as a team member. Having a Veteran as a leader, trainer or coach will help the younger members of your workplace get up to speed quickly.
- Teamwork – A Veteran understands the importance of teamwork, either as the leader or member of a team, and how working together can achieve any goal no matter how difficult or size.
- Pressure – Veterans, while in service are trained to react to and thrive under pressure of all types, and overcome pressure to meet set goals efficiently.
- Accountability – Veterans understand that they are accountable for their actions and ability to meet standards. This is a major part of the life of a Veteran while they served and continues to be a life priority once they leave the service.
- Integrity – A Veteran has deep experience with giving 100% effort every day, all day. This quality translates into sincerity and trustworthiness that is hard to find in civilian professions.
- Adversity - Vets are individuals who have triumphed over adversity. They have the proven ability to overcome challenges and obstacles through strength and determination.
- Tax Incentives - The VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011, enacted November 21, 2011, provides an expanded Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) to businesses that hire eligible unemployed veterans and for the first time also makes the credit available to certain tax-exempt organizations. The credit can be as high as $9,600 per veteran for for-profit employers or up to $6,240 for tax-exempt organizations. The amount of credit depends on a number of factors, including the length of the veteran’s unemployment before hire, hours a veteran works, and the amount of first-year wages paid. Employers who hire veterans with service-related disabilities may be eligible for the maximum credit.
With Veterans in your workplace, you as the employer/manager, know that you can assign them tasks and responsibilities that will be taken seriously and be taken care of with very little supervision or re-training.
Our Veterans can offer so much to America, even after they take off the uniform and return to civilian life. Experience, Leadership, Responsibility, Accountability and so much more. Hiring a Veteran is a win win situation for your company, so the next time you are in the position to hire someone, please give the Veteran who applies for the job some consideration and look to all that person can bring to the position.
To all our family, friends and customers who are Veterans, thank you for your sacrifice and service to our country.
By Ed Morris for Rollors.com