2016 Spring Break Tips
Spring break is that much needed time in the year when everyone just needs a break. Whether it is from school or from work, it is always a great time to get away to enjoy some warm weather. Before you venture off on your trip there are a few tips you should consider. No one wants their Spring Break to go sour so to prepare for a flawless trip, here are some great tips:
- Make a packing list and keep it with you till the end of your vacation. So that you don’t forget a thing, start making a packing list a week in advance before your trip. This is so that you can jot down everything that you don’t want to forget. This will help make sure that you have everything in order and have everything you need for the different adventures and excursions you plan on going on. Save this list throughout your vacation. It will make packing to go home a lot easier because you will have your list to help ensure you that you haven’t left anything behind.
- Don’t bring anything too expensive. Leave your expensive jewelry and sunglasses at home. There is no reason to bring them, especially if you plan on hanging out on the beach all day. Purchase less costly sunglasses so that if you forget them anywhere it won’t be such a huge loss. It is also great to have sunglasses that you are not afraid to ruin if you are out playing out on the beach.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! No one wants to spend day two of their vacation recovering from some wicked sun poisoning. Make sure you bring the sunscreen and keep applying it throughout the day. Also make sure that you are not spending a huge amount of time in the sun. Take breaks in the shade and remember to wait a few minutes to jump in the water after you put it on.
- Bring some fun beach games. While there may be some who all they want to do is work on their tan, bringing games is not only a fun way to get up and moving but helps you meet new people on your vacation. Rollors is a great game to bring to the beach. It is compact and easy to tote around as well as easy to learn. Anyone at any age and skill level can pick up this game quickly. What is even better about this game is that you can hold a drink in one hand, carry a conversation and play Rollors all at the same time!
- Do your spring break research. If you are going on a trip with your family, you definitely don’t want to find yourself in frat party central. If you are a college kid looking for a good time, you also don’t want to find yourself in a family friendly only resort being overrun by little tots. Make sure you do your research to see what your destination is like so you can plan your trip accordingly. Talk to a travel agent and read the reviews. If you’re not quite sure call the resort and the staff can give you an idea of what it is like during their spring break season.
- Book early. If you want to make sure that you don’t miss out on good flights and destinations, make sure you are booking your vacation early. Activities such as surf lessons and boat trips can get booked up pretty quickly too. Get an idea of what everyone wants to do and make sure you accommodate your trip accordingly. Make an itinerary before you leave and lock in plans as soon as you can. This way everyone leaves happy, without feeling like they missed out on anything special.
- Come home a day early to adjust. While you want to spend as much time as you can on vacation, there is something nice about coming home and having an extra day to adjust rather than diving into work or school directly the day after. Give yourself a day to acclimate back home. Do laundry and lounge a bit to recover from your awesome vacation. Get your house back in order and give yourself some time to prepare for your week back.